Thanks to it being fully compatible with Furuno Digital Filter (FDF™) fish finders, the Sounder Module allows you to enjoy all the advanced features of Furuno sounders such as: Sounder Echogram, Accu-Fish™ and Bottom Discrimination.
Wide Range of Compatible Sounders
Directly connected to the echosounder or via a NavNet equipment, the Sounder Module unlocks a dedicated workspace to display and control Furuno fish finders (DFF1, DFF3, FCV1150, DFF1-UHD and BBDS1).
Sounder Echogram Display
The Echogram display provides Echo presentation with real time A-Scope thanks to Furuno's digital filter technology. Digital Filter (FDF™) fish finders offer advanced filtering capabilities and digital auto tuning, which eliminates noise, while delivering the ability to spot individual fish with clarity, accuracy and detail.
- Historic Data: TimeZero stores up to 3 minutes of sounder data (approximately). You can then easily go back and identify echoes that are of interest.
- Geolocalisation: The "Sounder and Nav" workspace can be used to display the plotter and the sounder side by side. Moving the cursor on the sounder will automatically display a red cross cursor on the chart allowing you to geolocate any sounder "sweeps".
- Add a Mark: Double clicking on the sounder space will automatically create a mark on the chart, making it easier to go back on a structure spotted on the sounder.
- Add Event: Clicking on the “Event tool” from the sounder workspace will automatically create a mark on the chart at the current boat position.
ACCU-FISH™ (Fish Size Analyser)
The Furuno ACCU-FISH™ feature adds a unique fish size analyser. The algorithm analyses echo returns to compute individual fish sizes and displays this information on the TimeZero Sounder workspace. When the “Sounder and Nav” workspace is used to display the plotter and the sounder side by side, every ACCU-FISH™ icon will also automatically appear geo-localised on the chart.
The Bottom Discrimination window can be displayed from the Sounder workspace. This information is helpful in spotting the rich fishing grounds where you can boost your catch of the day.
- Bottom Components: By analysing the echo characteristics from what the seafloor is made up of such as the size of the particles and their hardness, Furuno Sounders BBDS1 and DFF1-UHD, can categorize the seafloor into 4 states: mud, sand, gravel and rock. In addition to providing the seabed information, they also send the probability of discrimination displayed on the bottom discrimination window allowing you to know how reliable the data is in particular areas.
- Bottom Component Localisation: Moving the cursor over the bottom discrimination windows will automatically display the red cross cursor on the Chart allowing you to geolocate any bottom component.
- Bottom Hardness: When receiving sea floor hardness information from the BBDS1 or DFF1-UHD sounders, TimeZero can also register it in the same time as the depth information provided by the sounder. Color coding or black and white scale can display the bottom hardness going from softest material, mud, to the hardest material, rock.