We are excited to introduce our second generation Satellite Compass, the SC110, which utilizes FurunoÆs advanced GPS Kinematic technology. Satellite Compass performance is not affected by shipÆs speed, latitude, geomagnetism, etc. This hybrid integration of GPS receiver technology and a 3-axis solid-state rate sensor provide accurate and steady heading information, even when bridges or tall buildings block satellite signals. Unlike conventional magnetic and gyro compasses, accuracy is not affected by G-force or velocity. Furthermore, when compared to other GPS based compass systems incorporating only two antennas, our addition of a third GPS antenna provides enhanced accuracy while reducing the negative effects of pitch, roll, and yaw.
The SC110 offers highly accurate GPS WAAS Data for SOG, COG, ROT, and L/L. Multiple, programmable hi-speed heading data outputs allow you to send this information where you need it, and our unique Analog Pitch and Roll Output can be used to enhance your Furuno Sonar System.
This Satellite Compass is ideal as an alternative to a traditionally expensive and high-maintenance gyrocompass for non-compulsory vessels, as well as being the perfect back up solution to a gyro for a compulsory vessel. The SC110 offers a wide range of applications for providing fast, stable, precision heading information to numerous devices, including: Radar/ARPA, Satellite Communications & TV systems, Autopilots (based upon I/F type), AIS, ECDIS, Scanning Sonar, Chart Plotters, etc.
- Newly designed processor unit, providing enhanced accuracy and performance
- Multiple, programmable hi-speed heading data outputs in IEC 61121-1/2(NMEA0183/HS)
- Highly Accurate GPS WAAS Data - SOG, COG, ROT, and L/L
- Unique Analog Pitch and Roll Output for Furuno Sonar Systems
- Heading information for Radar/ARPA, AIS, ECDIS, Scanning Sonar and Chart Plotter
- Typical heading accuracy of 0.5 degrees for SC110
- Tri-antenna system reduces effect of pitching, rolling and yawing
- Short settling time of 3-4 minutes
- Clear 4.5 inch backlit Silver Bright LCD
- Heading output in NMEA 0183, IEC 61162-1 and AD-10 (25ms update)
- Four display modes: Compass Rose, Steering, Nav Data, Heading Mode
- Follow-up rate of 25 degrees/second
- Works as normal GPS navigator
- 12 discrete channels
- No mechanical parts such as gimbals or rotating meter, making compass free from routine maintenance
- IMO MSC.116(73) Type Approved as a verified THD -Transmitting Heading Device
- Power Suppy 12-24VDC