The 1715 is a high contrast LCD radar designed for pleasure craft and small fishing boats. Radar echoes are presented in four shades of gray on the 7" Silver Bright LCD. The radar offers detailed pictures of coastline and targets at short ranges thanks to narrower pulse-lengths and dual IF bandwidths. The antenna rotation speed automatically changes depending on the range selection for optimum target detection. The compact, waterproof display allows table top or panel mounting in the cockpit or on the open fly bridge.
The radar has a power saving Watchman mode. In this mode, the antenna is stopped and the transmission is off, while the screen displays nav data only. The radar wakes up at a specified time interval (5, 10 or 20 min) and operates for a minute. If a target enters the Guard Zone, an audible alarm sounds and the radar goes into its normal operating mode, cancelling the Watchman mode. The alarm may also be set to work for a target leaving the Zone.
- Vivid 7" high contrast silver bright LCD display
- Waterproof display - IEC IPX5 / USCG CFR46
- Low profile 18" radome
- Low power consumption in Watchman mode (only 8W)
- Dual bandwidth IF amplifier: broadband for high definition in short ranges / narrow band for enhanced detection long ranges
- Variable antenna speeds with range scales changes for optimum performance on all ranges
- Cursor position can be read in L/L (GPS navigator is required)
- Programmable navigation data repeater feature
- Zoom in to a specific area
- Reverse video feature for effective use at night
- NMEA0183 input port
- Standard features include: EBL, EVRM, Echo Trail, Guard Zone Alarm, Auto Tuning.
- Operational modes: Normal, Off Center, and Watch mode
- Nav information and waypoint mark overlay. (Requires GPS input NMEA0183)
- Power supply: 12-24 VDC
- 2 Year Warranty