NXT radars are Solid-State Radars with pulse compression utilising Doppler technology to ensure the safest navigation. The NXT series features Target Analyzer™, Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function to offer optimal detection and sensitivity of hazardous objects. Combined with RezBoost™ technology, the DRS6A-NXT provides the ultimate performance in Radar technology.
Target Analyzer™ function utilising Doppler technology spots hazardous targets instantly
The DRS6A-NXT follows the DRS4D-NXT and uses Furuno's exclusive Target Analyzer™ function. Targets that are approaching your vessel will automatically change colour to help you identify potentially dangerous targets. Green echoes are targets that stay stationary, or are moving away from you, while red echoes are hazardous targets that are moving towards your vessel. Echoes dynamically change colours as targets approach, or get further away from your vessel. Target Analyzer™ improves situational awareness and can increase safety by showing you which targets to look out for.
When "Rain Mode" is on, rain echoes are shown in blue. This mode is particularly useful as it has the capability to detect targets masked by rain clutters.
Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function
With Fast Target Tracking™ activated, it only takes a few seconds for a vector to be displayed once the target is selected (manually or automatically with the Auto Target Acquire function). When the Auto Target Acquire function is on, approaching targets within a 3NM range from own ship (which are potentially hazardous) are automatically acquired by Doppler calculation and will trigger an alarm. Together, up to 100 targets can be acquired simultaneously, increasing considerably the safety and simplifying the estimation of other vessel's course and speed.
DRS6A-NXT features Bird Mode which helps you identify birds gathering around schools of fish at the sea surface. Bird mode adjusts the gain and sea settings automatically for optimal visibility.
RezBoost™ beam sharpening
Furuno's exclusive RezBoost™ technology has been incorporated into our Radar units for enhanced resolution and impressive performance. With RezBoost™ set to MAX, the sharpness offers an incredibly detailed image with more targets and less clutter (now even kayaks and dinghies can be seen in high definition).
(Images captured by the DRS6A-NXT with Standard RezBoost™ and Max RezBoost™)
- Solid-State pulse compression Doppler radar (no preheating time, low energy consumption due to no use of a magnetron)
- Revolutionary Target Analyzer™ function instantly identifies hazardous targets
- Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function, up to 100 targets
- RezBoost™ beam sharpening to increase the resolution
- Effective Horizontal Beam (0.7° when using RezBoost™)
- Bird Mode to find the best fishing grounds by tracking birds
- Simple installation (external PSU is not required)
- Compact open array with 25 W output power
This radar is only compatible with NavNet TZtouch2 / TZtouch
- Type: Slotted waveguide array
- Vertical beam width: 22°
- Horizontal beam width: 2.3° (XN10A) / 1.9° (XN12A) / 1.4° (XN13A)
- RezBoost™ effective horizontal beam: 1.15° (XN10A) / 0.95° (XN12A) / 0.7° (XN13A)
- Rotation speed: 24/36/48 rpm coupled or 24 rpm fixed
- TX Frequency: 3 Channel (Auto/Manual Selectable) - CH1 (9380 MHz P0N / 9400 MHz Q0N), CH2 (9400 MHz P0N / 9420 MHz Q0N), CH3 (9420 MHz P0N / 9440 MHz Q0N)
- Output power: 25 W
- Pulselength & PRR: 0.0625-72NM (Range Scales) / 0.04-1.2 (P0N) / 5-48 (Q0N) / 700-2000 Hz (PRR)
- Minimum range: 10 m
- Range Resolution: 10 m
- Range Accuracy: 1% of range in use or 10 m (whichever is greater)
- Bearing Accuracy: ±1°
- Number of ports: LAN x1, Ethernet, 100Base-TX, RJ45
- Data sequences: IEC61162-1/2
- Input: GGA, GLL, GNS, HDG, HDM, HDT, RMA, RMC, THS, VHW, VTG