The FM8900S is a high quality, all-in-one marine VHF radiotelephone designed to comply with the GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety System) carriage requirements for safety and general communications. All the necessary functions such as a 25 W VHF radiotelephone, a Class-A DSC modem and a CH70 watch receiver are incorporated into the compact transceiver unit.
The FM8900S offers simplex/semi-duplex voice communications with high sound quality thanks to its speaker designed to lower the strain. Operators are allowed to conduct communication clearly in any situation. For easy readout of a selected channel, the colour LCD is placed on the front panel and indicates the channel numbers with large and easy-to-read characters. Selecting a channel is easily done with the dedicated rotary control knob or numeric keys. Other standard features are instant access to CH16, telephone call via a PSTN, dual watch and multiple watch functions, which watches on CH16 and other selected channels.
Full Class-A DSC functions are provided for distress alert transmission and reception, as well as the general DSC communications including Individual Telephone, All Ships, Group and Area Call. The FM8900S maintains a continual watch on CH70 even while you are using another VHF channel. Upon receiving an incoming DSC message, the FM8900S gives aural and visual alarms.
ATIS (Automatic Transmitter Identification System) is standard fitted for use in European inland waterways. It automatically transmits the ID number when a communication is over or every 5 minutes while in communication. The ATIS mode and DSC mode are selectable through the menu.
The FM8900S has two types of handsets: a compact hand MIC and a stylish handset. Up to four handsets can be additionally connected via an optional junction box. Each handset also functions as an intercom for on-board communication.
The compact transceiver unit allows for a flexible and space-saving installation on a navigation console or the conning position. Flush mount installation is also available.
- Semi-duplex 25 Watt VHF radiotelephone with a built-in Class-A DSC and CH70 watch receiver
- Fully meets GMDSS carriage requirements for SOLAS ships
- Easy to read, high contrast 4.3" bright colour LCD
- Enhanced noise reduction and speaker for superb voice quality
- Quick access to CH16 key
- Easy channel selection with rotary control or direct keypad input
- Automatic entry of own ship position and time through the interfaced GPS receiver
- ATIS signal transmission available for inland waterways
- Connect to an office or home via existing PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network)