The Felcom18 is Furuno's Inmarsat-C Mobile Earth Station. It provides a high quality two-way telex and data link between ships and other parties at sea or on land. All functions and services of the Inmarsat-C system are provided: EGC (SafetyNET/FleetNET), distress message handling, two-way digital store-and-forward messaging including polling, data reporting, E-mail, etc. Distress alerts are initiated by the remote distress alert unit. The distress message including own ship's position is easily edited. A PC can be used for editing the message via Ethernet when it is supplied with dedicated software.
The Felcom18 consists of an antenna and display unit with keyboard. The display unit embodies a 10.4" colour LCD and processor unit. The distress alert button is incorporated in the display for emergencies. Data files and utility programs on SD Memory Cards are easily loaded into the processor through the front loading card slot in the display unit. The compact design of the display unit and omni-directional antenna unit offer space-saving installation. An optional GPS module is available for position reporting without operator's intervention. GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety System) compliance can be achieved by adding a printer and a AC/DC power supply unit.
- Inmarsat-C Mobile Earth Station Terminal for GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress Safety System) application
- Full GMDSS compliance with optional printer and AC/DC power supply
- SSAS (Ship Security Alert System) capability with optional SSAS alert units
- Compatibility with LRIT (Long Range Identification Tracking) application
- A wide variety of communication schemes available: telex, FAX, emailing, EGC (Enhanced Group Call), Data reporting/polling etc.
- SD card utilised for recording media
- GPS receiver (option)